Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween Does Not Know the Meaning of Chocolate

So I did not realize how much I like Halloween. I am remembering how bummed I was to miss it my senior year of high school because I was in the hospital, but then I remembered that they felt so bad we didn't have a halloween we got to make impromptue costumes, make caramel apples, eat a ton of candy, have extended "P.E." time where we actually got to go "outside", watch a movie in "class", AND we had a magician and curfew was extended by an hour. So, that actually worked out very well. I hope a similar thing will happen where I miss a college year and getting to go to Chico with my friends, BUT I get to travel around Europe.

From tomorrow until the 14th I am going to be in: (Switzerland) Geneve, Lausanne, Zermatt, Zurich; (Germany) Karlsruhe, Frankfurt; (Luxembourg) Luxembourg City; (Belgium) Brussel, Bruges; and (The Netherlands) Amsterdam.

I am pretty sure I can go one year without dressing in a costume and ODing on candy. I mean, have you seen the things Europeans wear anyways? And I am going to the land of chocolate. Margie, do you remember that Madeline game where she went to the Alps and made chocolate or something at the chalet?

That reminds me: I want a cape. Haven't you always wanted it to be socially acceptable to wear a cape? Thank you Denmark for making all my fashion dreams come true. If only I had enough money to finance them. Shopping in Germany is going to be amazing.

I am afraid of the kind of money I will think I can spend when I get home. I spend on average $12 here for a sandwich. $5 foot-longs!?! The Danes would not be able to believe it.

Vi ses Danmark.

No comments:

Post a Comment