Monday, November 22, 2010

Jeg savner mine forældre, min søster, mine kate, og Thanksgiving.

"I miss my parents, my sister, my cats, and Thanksgiving."

In Danish we learned "Jeg savner" which is "I miss" which was the most depressing class period of my life. After we were done saying what we miss now we went on to "Jeg kommer til at savne" which is "I am going to miss" and talked about everything we are going to miss once Denmark is over.

Studying abroad is really the stupidest thing ever. For the rest of my life I am going to miss Danish things. Even if I decided to stay here forever (which would not be allowed because of a new RIDICULOUS immigration system) then I would miss American things forever. I was so homesick yesterday it consumed me. I think that facebook also ruins study abroad. I am half toying with the idea of just not going on at all second semester. I think that this experience would be more rewarding if I did not have the constant connection to America, but then I remember that I am American and that those are my friends. Anyways, seeing every single person I am friends with on facebook being home for Thanksgiving and talking to each other about how they are going to see each other makes it worse. I know that facebook is a great way to keep in touch, and practically the only way I talk to people, but it is hard to already know you are missing out and then get the specifics of what you are missing out on. I watched the 11:15 Thanksgiving Sunday service online and I cried through that too. I think I am going to skip the Thanksgiving Eve Service viewing, it will just be too hard. That being said, I am going over to a girl from my core classes house for Thanksgiving, she lives with a host family so she is making it for them. It will be nice to cook with her and be with people, even if it is not what I am used to. I am very excited. It is supposed to snow on Thursday too! I am not going on any big extensive trip this weekend. I am going to stay home and clean and do my MASSIVE amounts of homework and just enjoy the season. I may go shopping in Sweden on a day trip, I need warm things.

Everyone I talk to is just completely defeated by school right now. I have a good 36 pages worth of papers due the first week of December, so I need to get a move on that. I also have a short paper due tomorrow that I thought was due Thursday. I may have to go to the doctor tomorrow, I do not want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment