Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Snow Snow Snow


I change my reading to Celsius when it is cold so I do not feel like such a baby. IT IS 0º RIGHT NOW! <-- see, that sounds much more impressive than 32.

We had our first REAL snow. I took a walk in it and it was pure magic. There are lots of things that people do not tell you about snow. Things I am now an expert on because I have been in falling snow that I would tell someone who is not an expert:
- Snow is cold. You think that it should be like an ice cube, but it feels colder.
- There are different types of snow.
- It feels soft.
- It floats and swirls.
- It sparkles.
- It makes an amazing crunchy sound when you walk on it.
- It is sticky.
- It is slippery.
- It is magical.

Danish children play outside in all types of weather. I am secretly hoping that there is a fresh layer of snow tomorrow so that I can play with them in it. No one would play with me last night because they are all from the East Coast or boring and do not think that snow is the most amazing thing in the world. California, this whole not snowing thing may be a deal breaker for where I spend the rest of my life.



I secretly really want to watch the Thanksgiving Eve Service so that I can wallow in my homesickness for an hour and then get it out of my system, but it is at 4:30 in the morning and I have to wake up at 7:30. That should probably not happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment