Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What is the Worst that Could Happen?

Our inspirational speaker on study tour told us to ask that to ourselves when we feel completely overwhelmed and hopeless.

What is the worst thing that could happen?
The worst thing that could happen is I could fail this semester. I mean, I probably am not going to. The worst thing that will probably happen is I will go home with a C average from this semester. If I get a 2.0 this semester my GPA from study abroad will still be a 2.7, which is enough to keep me a ways away from academic probation. If that is averaged out into my overall college GPA I will still be above a B average. I will not longer be in the running for graduating with honors, but most CSU schools do not even have that option. Even if I get a 1.0 this semester, from this year I will still have above a 2.0. I do not need to be perfect and I do not need to have control over every tiny detail of my life. For a psychology student, I often forget how important it is to keep my mental health in check.

I missed two big academic trips today because 1) they overlapped which I had not noticed in the hustle and bustle of midterms, and 2) because I have 22 pages worth of research papers due within the next 2 days and am having crazy writers block. I will take responsibility for my absence and talk to my professors, but I am utterly disappointed in myself.

I just need to make it to next Wednesday. Only a week. I can do that. Maybe... Afterall, what's the worst that could happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment