Thursday, March 17, 2011

When Life Gives You Lemons, Leave them in the Kitchen and Run Away to the Forest.

Forest Kindergarten today was spectacular. I need two things before I go back though: 1) rain pants, and 2) a healthy ankle.

Today was by far the most foresty and greatest day we have had. I have drawn you a picture.



Things to note in the picture:
- Steepest hill in the entire world encircling a little fire pit area.
- Slide made out of mud.
- Campfire.
- I need a haircut.

EDIT/ADDITION:
St. Patrick's Day isn't a thing here. We briefly discussed it for like 2 minutes in practicum, but the children were hardly interested in learning more and only 4 people in class were wearing green, including myself. I also looked in my closet today at the dress I always wear on March 17th. It is obnoxiously kelly green, but is also short and sleeveless. Today it snowed. Oh Denmark, what are you doing to my concept of what acceptable weather is?

My heritage is mostly Irish and Swedish, yet here I am at 11pm on St. Patrick's Day in Scandinavia on the first year I can legally drink and I am sober and in my pajamas about to go to bed. Best decision I have made all week. Let's hope for restful sleep and pleasant dreams. That reminds me, I had a dream last night where I literally laughed myself awake. I made a conscious effort to remember what was so funny, but of course now I forget.

2 comments:

  1. I laughed myself awake on Tuesday! First time that's ever happened. Now I'm really weirded out because apparently our brains are crazy together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You miss, have put an awful lot of work and detail into that Paint document. I say congratulations.

    ReplyDelete