Saturday, April 23, 2011

Home from Istanbul and Prague

Both of which were fabulous.

Copenhagen is bursting with Springtime beauty and I checked my calendar and I leave in 31 days. Not okay. I am giving myself this week to write papers, but after that I am spending every single day outside and going on adventures.

Noting how soon I am coming home I have decided what I am going to do with my summer. I have a few church things lined up and will probably spend quite a bit of time just trying to readjust to California life, I am even considering looking into a class or something at a Community College, but this summer I want to get in shape. This sounds like a New Years Resolution gone wrong, but I have had a lot of moments this past month where my body longs to dance. I hear music that begs me to move and express myself. There are so many emotions and feelings and pain and joy and I have ran out of ways to articulate and people to listen. I want to spend my summer building up my endurance, and rediscovering my flexibility. I want to be able to dance in the fall. That is really all I want.

Home will not be Copenhagen. Home will not even be home. I do not know where I belong anymore. Home has always been church, working with children, friends, and my parents. I haven't gone to church in a year, have completely changed my views on proper ways to treat children, have lost some of my absolute closest friends, and have lived extended periods of time without constant interaction with my family. As I feel lost I search for the last thing besides these things that made me feel absolute joy in California. I want to dance again. I will dance again. In order to dance again I need to work my butt off so that I can be closer to a level that will let me be the dancer I want to be. My body will never let me be good, but I can at least be the best that I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment