Monday, May 23, 2011

All Packed Up and Just a Little Homeless

Skagen was the most incredible and beautiful city and going was the wisest choice I could have made for this week. It took me out of the sadness of leaving and being homeless and let me appreciate everything I love about Denmark in a spot I did not have memories to dwell on in.

I really should go into the whole description of what Skagen is, but here is the wikipedia link instead.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skagen

I love all the pictures I took so hopefully when I am home (in America, so scary!) I will have a chance to write a better blog post and show off all my fancy shmancy pics of me standing in two different oceans at the same time.

They kicked me out of my housing last Thursday, so right now I am crashing at Grace's apartment for a couple of nights until she leaves and then I am spending my last night at my visiting families house. This morning we got weinerbrød for breakfast (this is a lie, I actually got a chocolade croissant) and then I walked through the most beautiful graveyard ever and saw H.C. Andersen's grave which was something I had wanted to do for a while. Then I went into town and took some pictures and pretended to say bye to some of my favorite places. Then we went to a lunch BBQ with some of her friends and we ate pølser with crunchy onions in the park. It was cute. She and I proceeded to come home and pass out in nap form for a while. Now it is 17:30 and I am watching her pack and playing on my computer and being lazy. It is perfect.

Tomorrow is my real last day. I am hoping to get out to the harbor area and the little mermaid one last time, but besides that I just want to be in my København and enjoy every last second of being here.

I was worried about my flight to Chicago because of the Icelandic volcano, but the only real plane delays I have seen so far from the Copenhagen airport have been flights directly to Iceland. I should be okay, although I may get delayed because we may have to fly around the ash which means I may miss my connecting flight. I am sure it will work out. Everything will work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment