Sunday, May 15, 2011

An Extension on an Extension Means Time to Blog, Right?

All of my work was done May 6th. I have been having a bit of a rough semester, so two of my professors gave me extensions until the 13th. I got an extension on one of the extensions. I am just so over the work never ending. I am tired of my professors being so nice and treating me like a child. I think that I do much better under American structure and slightly more impersonal classes than I do in a culture where my professors take us out for beers and are our bffls. The paper I have left is actually an analysis on the personality types that are typically cult leaders and the psychology behind cult mentality. Super interesting.

The weather has been very encouraging of me staying indoors and working. Yesterday we had thunder and lightning and today we had a hail storm. Not the weather I typically expect from mid-May...

I have to be packed by Wednesday, when Grace and I are going to spend the day saying goodbye to Sweden. Tuesday I say goodbye to my visiting family. So really, I have to pack tomorrow. This is freaking me out in ways that I did not know I was able to be freaked out by. There is so much that I haven't done here, and that I know I will not have time to do before I leave.

In general I am disgusting right now. I am also a little bit cranky. There have been so many wonderful things that I have not written about, but I just am not in the mood to share my joy right now. It's like I think that by keeping it a secret and trying to make the world as sad for me that I am leaving as possible I protect my happiness from being vulnerable to be taken away from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment