Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Dansk Super Bowl og Min Besøger Familie

The night of the Super Bowl was very fun. We left our housing at about 11:30 and went to Happy Pig, which is a bar I am obligated to like based on the name alone. The game started, but there was no sound. We thought this was okay for a bit and they gave us free drinks to compensate. Some other people we knew were at a sports bar around the corner, so we left before halftime and went to meet up with them. I only stayed until the 3rd quarter since it was 3 am and I was tired, so then I started my walk home. I LOVE walking home from the center of town at night. Copenhagen is so absolutely safe and quiet (especially on a Sunday night) that there is this overwhelming feeling of peace. It isn't quite as spectacular as when I would walk home in the snow at night with the Christmas lights and candles in all the windows, but if I can't have snow magic I am perfectly content with København serenity. I live in the perfect spot where no place I want to go is more than a 20 minute walk, I have never even taken a night bus. I got home, went to sleep, and was up in 4 hours to go to class. I was a little tired but not as miserable as one would expect.

After my 5 hour Monday class, I went home for a bit and then was off to meet my visiting family. Well, that is a lie. I have met them before. They were my friend's host family last semester, and the family I spent Thanksgiving with. They are going to be traveling a lot this semester and did not think they could handle hosting another student right now, but they requested me for their visiting kid. I am completely in love with them. The family has a mom and a dad and two daughters who are 15 and 12. The daughters wanted me to stay for a chick flick night but it was getting late so we are rain-checking that. We shared a wonderful meal together and we talked for hours. I am really a lucky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment