Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Happy 6 Months!

I have been saying that I have been here for 6 months for the past month and a half, but today is the official 6 month point. If we were a high school relationship I would expect some overly cheasy gesture and possibly Denmark pressuring me for 3rd base. Just when I feel like time is running out and going to fast and I have been here forever and refuse to leave, I remember that is has only been 6 months. That is all. It is not really my home and I will go back to California and expect to act like I never left.

Today the sun was shining and there was a fair amount of snowfall. I do not know where the snow came from with such few clouds, but it looked like the sky was dumping glitter on the world.

This is supposed to be the last week in the negatives. Paradis reopens for Spring on Saturday complete with giving away free ice cream.

Midterms are kicking my butt and I am a little stressed out. Tomorrow I am going to an open prison with my Psych of Criminal Behavior class. It should be really cool.

Tonight I went to a Sports Bar and watched the FCK vs. Chelsea game. It was the most important football match in Denmark since 1998.

Today I got a card in the mail that made me smile and smile and smile and smile, then cry a bit, but smile some more.

Tomorrow I may go to Georg Jensen and buy myself a 6 month anniversary present. There is a necklace that I have wanted since the first month I was here, but I felt too guilty to buy it for myself for Christmas with all the traveling I was doing. I think it will be perfect to be able to look back and remember 6 months. Only 6 months, but the best months I have had in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment