Thursday, August 26, 2010

No Excuses!

I am having a little bit of a hard time living in a country with no "please" or "excuse me". There is "tak" which is "thank you", but there is only so much you can do with that. It is harder to move around crowded places as an American because I feel the need to justify my every bump into someone else with a word, where as that is just how they move around. The Danes are also a very quiet people. Everywhere you go is just so much quieter, unless it is a tourist spot. On public transportation it is seen as being rude if you talk, and they even have specific silent cars. It is very nice, and I am afraid I may become annoyed once I get back to America.

Amanda, Kate, and I discovered this store called Tiger. It is like a combination of Ikea, Target, and the cutest thing you have ever seen in your life. I got some stuff for my room there, but I still need towels and shower shoes.

Yesterday we also did our first "shopping trip" at the Strøget, but it mainly ended up with us watching this football (that is soccer in America, they all feel like they need to explain this to us) team who had just won a game or something. They were getting drunk on a pub patio and were singing and dancing and attacking people. There was a news camera. Yeah, less then a week here and I am already on Danish TV. We have decided that we are just going to be famous by the time we get home.

Classes start today, but I only have my practicum on Thursdays so we have a 3 hour orientation for that. I love the daycare thing in my building. Children flock to it and there is a very fun youthful feel. Also, I have noticed that since my housing is on the Copenhagen University campus there are quite a lot of hot young Danish men roaming around. I am not sure yet what I am gong to do with this situation, but I hope it ends in my favor.

My jetlag ends today. I have decided this. I will not go to bed until at least 10.

2 comments:

  1. Aren't you glad you are living at the school instead of a homestay solely for the main attraction: hot guys?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! I just wish that I could conquer getting the hot guys to talk to me!

    ReplyDelete