Monday, August 30, 2010

Playtime with Monks!

18:39 on 29/8/10 – The time and date are like a foreign language within themselves.

I just got back from the “Spears, Arrows, and Abbey Ales” trip. It was basically play with medieval weapons then get drunk. We went to the countryside to an abbey (well, about 1/10th of an abbey because the rest has been destroyed) and it was gorgeous. However, it POURED rain. At first it was a slight drizzle, but while we were in it, it rained kats and hunds. It was raining too hard for our group to get to jousting, which we were bummed about, but then again “jousting” was sitting on a wooden horse and pushing each other towards a stationary wooden man. I was kickass at archery though. I am telling you, with my fencing and archery skills if the world suddenly lose all technology and we have to go into wars without guns you will all want me on your side. It was a total blast though, so much to the point where I may sign up for this trip again next semester. Each group made a shield and a flag. We were the Flame Throwers and our motto was “We Bring the Heat”. By now I hope you all realize that facebook is where the picture portion of my life is being uploaded, but the pictures from today should be epic. I have to get them from someone else because I did not want my camera to die in the rain. I feel like today was a good bonding day for the people I met, afterwards I went out to McDonalds for dinner with a boy. I never realized what a precious gift fast food is in America. Seriously, food here is so much work and so expensive. I paid like $7 for a McChicken, small fries, and a small drink, however it was totally worth it in the moment. I really need to learn to master the Netto (grocery-ish store).

N’sync and Owl City are playing on my itunes right now. This is a shout-out to Michelle, who also has an awkward shrine thing in my room. It is not supposed to be a shrine, but because everything is neutral but with the present she gave me in the center it looks a little creepy. I keep waiting to be unpacked and my room to be clean to take pictures of it, but do not fret, it shall happen soon.

Also, my hair looks adorable right now because it is crazy curly from the rain, too bad I am going to read and do homework instead of going out.

No comments:

Post a Comment