Thursday, August 26, 2010

Squeegee Broom

Let me take a moment to introduce my new friend Squeegee Broom. Squeegee Broom (or SB for short) is what happens when a window cleaner falls deeply in love with a maid and they have babies. It is about 5 feet tall with a handle like a broom, but then at the bottom there is a squeegee instead of a brush. And what do you think SB’s job is in the world? PUSHING WATER BACK INTO THE SHOWER! Okay, not to sound all smug, but I think America has a better handle on the whole shower design. Maybe I should have my people call their people and fix this one little flaw in their country? The showers have no bottom confinement. Like, there is no sizeable rim or border around the shower area, just the floor and MAYBE half a centimeter divot before the rest of the bathroom floor. I do not know how many of you have ever seen water, but it is wet and fluid and if it does not have something telling it to stop it can get a little bit free spirited. Basically, there are 3 showers and not everyone understands SB’s unique place in our new world, so every time you walk into our bathroom the ENTIRE ROOM is flooded with like an inch of water. In this water lays the dirt and hair and trash and paper towels of 10 girls. We have no one to clean for us so that means that at some point we will have to clean. The point of SB is to gently persuade the water to get back into the shower area instead of all over the floor. It is a very useful tool and I have heard many people just get SB’s little sister Hand Squeegee, but I resent SB because I KNOW that it really has no point because a simple barrier at the bottom of the shower would serve a better and more practical purpose. I never see anyone and do not know how to politely tell them to get their act together and embrace Squeegee Broom into their hearts. I am writing this post at 2:30 on Wednesday morning because I had to go to the bathroom and someone left the toilet door open, so that was also flooded today and my feet are all wet and it is gross.

Yesterday we had a really awesome Scavenger Hunt and I went all over the city. I will post pictures as soon as I unpack my camera cord. Today I have the more boring orientation about classes and then Amanda and Kate and I are going to do some shopping so I can get things like a hamper and a trash can.

No comments:

Post a Comment