Friday, December 17, 2010

Done With Finals! (kinda)

Everyone is leaving tomorrow or Sunday. Out of 800 students only 50 of us are here for the year so that means that 750 of the people I see every day are going away and I will most likely never see about 745 of them ever again. Tonight is the big end of the year party, right now there is a reception. I went to the reception for about 5 minutes and had a small glass of champagne, but I just feel very lethargic. I do not want to shower and get ready to look cute so that I can go to a club and dance and get gross again so a million people can take their picture with me. I want to say goodbye, but I know that it is going to be a ton of people drinking as much as humanly possible and sweating and having last minute hook-ups with whoever it is they have been flirting with all semester. There is quite a large percentage of semester students that I am just not on the same page as, I like to go out and have fun but I also like to remember my fun and not catch STD's. Sorry American Study Abroad Stereotype, I guess I just can't live up to your expectations.

I bought sweet and sour sauce and rice and chicken that I am going to make for dinner. Is it bad that I am more excited about eating something relatively Chinese than about drinking beer and dancing? I know I will have fun tonight, and I will get in the spirit and say goodbye to a bunch of really great people. I think what is really getting me down is the lack of laundry I have done so I have nothing cute to wear and having to take a shower while every other girl in the building is trying to fit in a shower time.

I am so thankful to not have to leave Denmark yet. I am not even halfway done.

No comments:

Post a Comment