Sunday, December 19, 2010

This Would Happen To Me

It is 4:30 in the morning, and tonight I cannot sleep not only because of my weird sleep schedule but because of the excruciating pain in my foot. Last night I walked in the snow and went dancing for several hours in 2 inch heels, which is a lot for someone is who already 6'2" and doesn't wear heels ever in the first place. My feet, and foot in general hurt last night, but I changed shoes and thought I was just sore from dancing. This morning I could barely walk on my right foot. I took ibuprofen and iced and elevated and it felt okay-ish if I wore my foot brace and my good running shoes. There is no sign of bruising, and I do not remember any trauma (besides trying to walk through the snow which is traumatic enough), but there is definite swelling. I cannot stand on my tip toes (a basic test anyone with a dancing background would perform) well, and if I try to stand on the ball of my right foot with all my weight I collapsed from the pain. If you touch the arch of my foot from underneath it sends a sharp throbbing pain through my foot and sometimes up to my ankle. There is obviously something wrong, and at home I would just have someone drive me to the ER. At home I would know how to deal. I have no idea how doctors work here, and I am guessing since NOTHING is open on Sundays that the doctor may not be also. I have been trying to research online if they even have emergency rooms and how they would work here, or if I should try to wait until Monday to schedule and appointment and figure that out. I do not know if I am blowing it out of proportion because I am freaked I do not know what to do and have no one to help me, or if I am pretending it is not as bad as it really is so that I do not have to consider breaking my travel plans and spending Christmas and New Years alone with an injury. I need to go to France and Italy in 2 weeks. I need to be able to walk around Europe. Heck, I need to be able to walk around Tivoli all day on Monday. I am completely overwhelmed and freaking out. Going to make a bi-monthly crying crisis call to my mother now. Moms always know what to do, even if they are 5,500 miles away.

EDIT: My mommy says I'm fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment