Sunday, December 12, 2010

Everything is Perfect

I am so afraid of this moment ending. I do not want the semester students to leave. Everything is falling into place. I am so happy. I can not remember a time in my life where I have felt this calm and at peace with myself. I feel like this is all I have talked about for the past 2 weeks of blog posts, but I just can't get over it.

I got all my papers in, probably going to have very disappointing grades.

Friday I stayed home and watched Princess and the Frog with Grace while she worked on her model for architecture and then she fell asleep on my bed/couch next to me. Candles lit, warm cozy room, Disney movie, good friend, and chocolate. You can see why I think my life is so great.

Last night I went over to Bailey's house and then we went to Francis Pony, which is a very fun bar. I got to wear my lace sweatshirt which is my favorite article of clothing I have had in a while. I had a blast and got home at about 6am, which is typical for people who go out here, I just do not usually partake in nights that late. I try to be home by 3 or 4 at the latest.

Today I have not done much, but tonight I am going to Cosy Bar, which is a gay bar/club and one of my favorite places to go with my friend Sean. I really really really do not want him to go back home.

I feel like underneath my bliss is a constant glimmer of the old Julia who worries about everything, and right now she is worrying that this feeling will not last forever and at some point I have to get off cloud 9. Buuuut.... I am not going to worry about that right now.

I gave up a lot to be here, and for the first few months I was really wondering if the sacrifices I made in my personal life to get this opportunity were worth it. They absolutely were. 113 day in, 157 left to go. No regrets. Live in the moment.

Oh, I bought cheese because it had Christmas decorations on the package and I am a sucker for judging books by their covers... stinkiest cheese of my life. I do not know what to do with it. I tried to make grilled cheese and it melted to liquid and was all over the plate and fell out of the bread. I might invest in some beer and figure out how to make poor man's fondue or something. I just do not understand what this cheese is or what makes it Christmas-oriented.

No comments:

Post a Comment