Saturday, September 18, 2010

Huset

Danish Lesson:
et = one
hus = house
et hus = a house
huset = the house

Confused? Oh you have no idea.

The house today is empty. There are only like 5 people using my kitchen this weekend instead of the usual 13, and it is fabulous. It is funny the sorts of things that make a place home, but instead of going out last night we stayed in and watched Project Runway online and sipped wine, then we shared secrets. If we had candles it may have even had a touch of hygge. It is the stupid stuff that I am doing here like listening to an Ivy League debate over Team Edward vs. Team Jacob and watching youtube videos of lions that remind me that this is a year of my life, and I do not have to be happy and perky and active every moment of it. I do not want to look back on this year with regrets that I did not do enough, but I need time to be me. I think I am going to make a Føtex run because I am once again out of groceries. You can only carry so much on a bus, and literally the only thing I have in my cupbord is Nutella and Olive Oil. Also, I adore Føtex and would go every day if I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment